Amygdala is currently on hiatus and not accepting submissions at this time. Check back periodically for updates.
Thank you for considering submitting your work to Amygdala. We want detailed stories and art with believable characters that we might see in our daily lives. We are looking for provocative work that touches on a wide range of life experiences that engages readers to think critically on the perception of mental health and its effect on society.
Please note the following:
- Our response time is typically 1 month after the reading period closes. We should reply much sooner, but if you have not heard from us by then, feel free to send an email inquiring about the status of your submission.
- 3-5 poems per submission (temporarily closed to poetry submissions).
- 2 submissions per other genre.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know if your submission is being published elsewhere as soon as it is accepted.
- Work that contains unnecessary or gratuitous violence/sex will not be considered.
- Max word length for prose 2,500.
- Submit all written work as Word documents.
- Submit art (digital, photography, fine arts, multimedia illustration) as JPEGs.
- Please include a cover letter with a brief introduction and the titles of work submitted.
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org